Tactile Craftworks leather journal, signed with personal note + vinyl/CD/album download (optional) $140.00 - $179.99
Tactile Craftworks leather journal, signed with personal note + vinyl/CD/album download (optional)
$140.00 - $179.99
This item is SOLD OUT.
PLEASE NOTE: Online orders could be delayed due to COVID-19. Please read our official statement for further details.PRODUCT OVERVIEW
- This exclusive journal from Tactile Craftworks features a raw edge cut straight from the hide of full grain leather tanned at Seidel Tanning Co. in Milwaukee, WI, making each journal completely one-of-a-kind, and is etched with the Shape & Destroy emblem.
- Each journal features a handwritten note and signature from Ruston Kelly. It includes a graphite No. 2 pencil and a lined Moleskine notebook which can be replaced again and again.
- Journal size: 6”x 9”
- Your choice (optional): SIGNED or unsigned limited Magma Red Shape & Destroy vinyl LP or CD; or album download. The Magma Red vinyl edition is strictly limited to 500 units, and exclusive to rustonkelly.com. Vinyl also includes a gold mirror board insert with lyrics and credits. Please note: the red vinyl edition of 350 is sold out.
- Shape & Destroy turntable mat, top of the line 16-ounce felt, and custom printed dye sublimation (optional, with vinyl purchase only)
- Transfer sticker, with black Shape & Destroy seal (4” x 4”)
- Shape & Destroy album download on August 28, plus all instant grats (optional)
- Estimated bundle delivery date: August 28, 2020
With his sophomore album Shape & Destroy, Nashville-based artist Ruston Kelly now documents his experience in maintaining sobriety, and finally facing the demons that led him to drug abuse in the first place. But while Kelly recounts that journey with an unvarnished honesty, his grace and conviction as an artist ultimately turn Shape & Destroy into a work of unlikely transcendence.
With its unsparing reflection on what Kelly refers to as “the cycle of frustration and temptation after getting clean,” Shape & Destroy took form during a period of painful transformation. “It wasn’t surprising to me that getting sober was a challenge, but there were moments when it was challenging in a way I’d never experienced before,” Kelly says. “There’s so much repair your brain has to do—spiritually, emotionally, physically—and at one point I really felt like I was losing my mind.”
As a means of self-preservation and catharsis, Kelly eventually turned to the ritual of free writing, a practice that led him to the album’s title. “This phrase just came to me one day: ‘Shape the life you want by destroying what obstructs the soul,’” he recalls. “I realized that was the ticket to healing myself and healing my mind: figuring out what kind of person I want to become, and then getting rid of everything that keeps me from being that person.”
STREET DATE: August 28, 2020
- In The Blue
- Radio Cloud
- Mid Morning Lament
- Closest Thing
- Under The Sun
- Hallelujah Anyway
Thank you for visiting the Official Ruston Kelly Merch Store!